April 24, 2011

1. Carpediem-Dead Poets Society



 I'd like to start blogging with explaining why i choose "Carpe Diem" for blog name. "Carpediem" which means "Enjoy the Present" as the latin languge is famous saying in "Dead Poets Society". Because of this saying, Many changes happen to the students who were just studying followed their parents' direction. These changes made a forceful impression on me; I have some episodes with this movies.




1. Plot (summury)

 John Keating (Williams) who is an unconventional educator come to The Welton Academy where is a conventional elite school. Keating introduces his students to poetry, and his free-thinking attitude and the liberating philosophies of the authors. This has a profound effect on his students who are confussing between parent's expect and their dream. The story process that students try to find their own interest and dream. 






2. Carpediem: Try looking and thinking from a different viewpoint. 
"Carpediem" means not just "have a fun today". If you watch this movie, you will get it what does it means. It inculdes the meaning "Keep thinking your dream, showing your interest, and do not hiding your preference". 













We are studying and living in a normal routine. More and more young people prefer stability rather than adventure, and seek a compromise under the parents expectation.  We all have own dream, but received standardized education for safe job. We don't have brave to live differently with others, and try to hide own personality. 


 




In this movie, Students are trying to find their egos, but it is not easy against the reality. However, they don't give up and keep trying it. Many yeong people just follow the routines and parents are happy when they follow this well. "Carpediem" gives them the brave to find egos.





 
3. Episodes


▶Circle "Dead Poets Society" in high school

 When I was in high school, there had a secret circle "Dead Poets Society" like a movie. I just heard the circle exist in the school, but I've never seen people who were in there. According to rumors, seniors picks members secretely once a year, and discuss their dreams. At that time, I really wanted to be selected from them, so I was staying whole time in the library when seniors have class in there. Unfortunately, I couldn't be selected, and still don't know who are members and their information.


 

▶ I met Robin Williams in NY~!!

When I was travelling Newyork, I met Robin Williams by accident on the broadway! Actually, I couldn't recognize him at first because he was older than I thought.LOL I asked him to take a picture together, and he gently did it. He looked tired, though. It was my first time see hollywood star. :)




 



 Many people who like me trying to be a Carpediem person, but it's really difficult to behave like that. By blogging with the name "Carpediem", I would try to post many good articles, hope many people are affected from these.

sammi♥



No comments:

Post a Comment